Monday, September 8, 2008

I Love Football

So Craig has written a very good introduction to what will hopefully be an entertaining collection of thoughts and comments on one of my favorite things in life...FOOTBALL. What he neglected to tell you was this little adventure was really born from an off the cuff comment last time he was at home here in "Steeler Country". I told Craig I was planning to retire soon and would have time to make comments on his blog. He called me on it and invited me to write my own side column.

Of course my first stab at this happens after week one of the NFL season. The week that puts Tom Brady out for the year and allows Brett Favre to win his first game in another albeit green uniform. I can't, just can't, pass up the opportunity to say: Dear Tom--it's Karma. You should have been a little more humble and certainly not so self-righteous. Perhaps this long, long season with no snaps from center will give you time to reflect and you too will see what many of us see in you...a spoiled pretty boy who believes the world revolves around him. From where I sit, your ill mannered behavior on the field unfortunately sticks in my mind much more than any completed pass, number of wins, or MVP awards. You and your coach have done much to tarnish the NFL as I have always viewed it. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. May you spend may hours not in physical pain, but mental anguish over what it really means to be a quarterback in the NFL.

As for Brett Favre I have somehow had a slight change of heart. I was so tired of hearing the on and off retirement saga that I actually began to watch summer re-runs. Now I am not so disappointed in the end result. He has only played one game, but it was enough to make me understand how much he loves the game. He was willing to chance the comments of critics to do what he loves. Maybe that's the better story and one many can learn from.

So there you have my first comments. There will be more to come, provided my son allows me to continue.

Looking forward to your comments... I love a good football conversation..just ask my twin sons!

your mom

2 comments:

AaBryan said...

Not only is the Tom Brady injury Karma for him and Belicheck being cheaters and all around smarmy douch bags, I think it's karma for all the times the Pats were up 50-0 and left Brady in the game just to pad his stats. Sure Brady had a record breaking season but it was classless on all accounts.

Anonymous said...

Watch this video...how can you possibly hate Tom Brady? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rj7xa2XvqE&NR=1