Monday, September 8, 2008

Mother Knows Best

Clearly, I love football. I live and breath football. I don't understand people that don't share my obsession. But where did this obsession come from? Yes, my Dad is a huge football fan, yes, he would throw the ball around in the backyard with me as a kid, yes, he's flown cross country for games and gone to the Super Bowl, and yes, he hates to miss a game. But, it's Mom that's the lifelong season-ticket holder. It's Mom that hasn't missed a home-opener in decades, and it's Mom that was there for the Immaculate Reception. Not to take anything away from Dad, he knows his stuff and shares Mom's passion, but when you really need someone to let you know how they feel about the NFL, give my Mom a call. And so I kick off the first NZI side-column, written by the one and only Vicki Bryan, aka my Mom.

No comments: